By assessing the differences in performance between a business’ information systems or software applications to determine whether business requirements are being met and, if not, what steps should be taken to ensure they are met successfully.
- Identify the area to be analyzed
- Identify the goals to be accomplished
- Establish the ideal future state
- Analyze the current state
- Compare the current state with ideal state
- Describe the gap and quantify the difference
- Summarize the recommendations and create plan to bridge gaps